The stepper motors move in precisely repeatable steps, hence they are the motors of choice for the machines requiring precise position control. The Nema17 4.2 kg-cm Stepper motor can provide 4.2 kg-cm of torque at 1.7A current per phase.The motor’s position can be commanded to move or hold in one position with the help of Stepper Motor Drivers. The Nema17 4.2 kg-cm Stepper motor provides excellent response to starting, stopping, and reversing pulses from the stepper motor driver.They are very useful in various applications, especially which demands low speed with high precision. Many machines such as 3D Printers, CNC Router and Mills, Camera Platforms, XYZ Plotters, etc.
It is a brushless DC motor, so the life of this motor is dependent upon the life of the bearings. The position control is achieved by a simple Open Loop control mechanism so it doesn’t require complex electronic control circuitry.The motor’s shaft has been machined for good grip with a pulley, drive gear, etc. and especially avoiding stall or slip.
- The input pulse decides the rotation angle of the motor.
- High accuracy of around 3 to 5% a step.
- It provides good starting, stopping, and reversing.
- Control of this motor is less costly because of the exclusion of complex control circuitry.
- The speed is proportional to the frequency of the input pulses.
- Step Angle: 1.8°
- Number of Phase: 2
- Rated Voltage: 3.2V
- Rated Current: 1.4A
- Resistance per phase: 2E
- Inductance per phase: 2.8mH
- Holding Torque: 4.2 kgcm
- Weight:300 grams